KINGS PARK ATHLETICS STADIUM, KINGS PARK DRIVE, BOURNEMOUTH, BH7 7AE
BOSCOMBE 10K RACE INFORMATION
Thank you for entering this year’s race. We hope that you will have an enjoyable run! Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the key information below to ensure that the event runs smoothly & safely and everyone has a great time:
- Please note this year’s race will take place at the earlier than usual time of 9am
- Please also note that Boscombe 10K participants will NOT have access to the two main Pay & Display car parks in front of the Vitality Stadium on race day due to an AFCB fixture later the same day. We recommend parking in the nearby Sovereign Centre Car Park, which is a 15 minute walk to Kings Park Athletics Stadium and costs £2 for 4 hours. There will be signage from the car park to the stadium. Please allow enough time to park and reach the stadium in time to collect your number. The closest main line railway station is Pokesdown which is a 15 minute walk from the stadium.
- Please collect your race number, which incorporates the timing chip, on the day between 7.15am and 8:30am
- Race number transfers are available online until 10am Wednesday 21st November. Please refer to your registration email for details on how to transfer your number to another runner. There will be no 10K entries or number transfers after this date or on the day of the race.
- Please ensure your emergency contact details and any current medication or medical conditions are completed on the reverse of the race number.
- The use of headphones is strictly prohibited. Runners identified by a marshal as using headphones on the course will be disqualified and their result will be removed from the results.
- Due to the earlier start time of the main 10K race, unfortunately we are unable to put on any Children’s Fun Runs this year
- Race Day information to runners will be provided over a PA System and there will be a short briefing for runners on the track 5 minutes before the start of the race. For your safety, please listen carefully to the race briefing as we will be giving important information regarding the course condition and any hazards which you should be aware of.
- Medical cover will be on hand in the stadium and at the half way point on the course
- The Course: The multi-terrain course will be fully marshalled and will include a drink station between 6K & 7K and at the finish. The route is clearly marked with route arrows, tape and caution runner boards. Due to the nature of the terrain please take care over uneven ground. There will be no police presence around the course. The course is not suitable for buggies and wheelchair users. For everyone’s safety please heed the advice of the marshals on the course and use the pavements where available.
- Facilities: A baggage drop off will be available in the stadium, however, please do not leave anything valuable in this area. Toilet and shower facilities are available in the stadium. Light refreshments will be on sale in the cafeteria.
- Prizes: There will be a race memento and goodie bag for each 10K finisher and prizes for individual age categories and first male and female teams. In the event that the first male and/or female also qualifies for a veteran prize, that position will be acknowledged but the award will be made to the second veteran in that category. The prize giving will be held as soon as possible after the end of the race once the winners in each category have been established. This year we will also be offering two amazing spot prizes ….. it could be you!